Public Notice of PFC Application
Notice Date: January 19, 2018
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport intends to file an application with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to implement a Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) for selected projects scheduled for implementation between Federal Fiscal Years 2018 and 2020.
The following projects are included in the application to impose a PFC and use the PFC revenue, i.e. “Impose and Use” projects. These projects are new projects for which the Airport is seeking approval.
The proposed PFC level of collection is $4.50 per eligible enplaned passenger. The PFC revenue to be collected and the amount to also be used is $6,249,825.00. The estimated charge effective date is April 1, 2018, and the estimated charge expiration date is August 31, 2023. The estimated PFC revenue to be collected during this period is approximately $6,400,000.00. A copy of the PFC application is available for review at the Airport. Comments on the proposed PFC Application, including agreement or disagreement with any of the proposed projects, should be addressed to Mr. Gary Borthwick, Assistant Director, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport, 100 Terminal Drive, Suite 1, Avoca, PA 18641. All comments must be received no later than thirty (30) days from the date of this notice.
- Purchase ARFF Vehicle
- Purchase New Security Vehicles
- Purchase Snow Removal Equipment
- Apron Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of Landside Roadway
- Additional Taxiway B Extension
- Design Taxiway B Extension (Runway 4 Approach End)
- Construct Taxiway B Extension (Runway 4 Approach End)
- PFC Program Audit Reimbursement
- PFC Administrative Reimbursement
- Purchase New Updated Background Checking and Security Identification Equipment for Public Safety
- Rehabilitate Taxiway D (East)